LHFN Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God (2 Timothy 3:15-17).
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19; Ephesians 4:4-6).
- We believe in the deity of Christ, in his virgin birth, in his sinless life, in his miracles, in his vicarious and atoning death through his blood, in his bodily resurrection, in his ascension to the right hand of the Father, in his present rule as Head of the Church and in his personal return in power and glory (John 1:1-4; Matthew 1:12; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4).
- We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful men, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit and that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation (Titus 3:4-7; Luke 24:46-47; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 14:6; Acts 4:12).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life (Galatians 5:16-18; Romans 8:9).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment (Revelation 20:11-15; 1Corinthians 15:51-57
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of his body, the Church, with equality across race, gender, and class (Ephesians 1:22-23; Corinthians 12:12,27).
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism is a responsibility of both the church and each Christian (Romans 10:9-15; Acts 1:8; Matthew 28:18-20; 1 Peter 3:15).